Before we offer a few reviews, some explanation is in order. Because we're a Christian DJ service, we have certain standards that
our music is judged by.
The Rating Criteria:
1) Any mention of immorality is an automatic rejection; this especially relates to sex outside of marriage (i.e. "Let's Spend The Night Together" and other songs of that nature), even if just suggestive rather than overt (like the Beatles' "Please Please Me").
2) Songs relating to the ending of a relationship also fall short; while some of these (i.e. "You've Lost That Loving Feeling") are hugely popular dance tunes, the message is not one we want to promote (especially at weddings!).
3) Drinking and drug use, of course, are no-no's, even if subtle.
4) Violence and hate are definitely out, although it's not much of a problem for us, since we don't do rap or other "inner-city" styles (we don't really understand them), except for some Christian hip-hop & rap.
5) Profanity of any kind naturally sends a song to the discard pile.
6) Other things that might make a song a reject might be: bad musical arrangement, poor recording quality (yes, I've encountered these - even on CDs), indistinct lyrics, or otherwise unacceptable musical qualities.
For another viewpoint, see our "questions" page.
When you look at our album ratings, you will see a letter in parentheses following each track number; this is our playability rating. Here's what it means.
Our Rating System:
(Y) Yes - a definite player!
(y) yes - we'll play it, but not always
(?) a maybe song - we might play it, we might not,
depending on the occasion & group
(n) no, but not emphatic - there may be a rare occasion
where it might be acceptable
(N) Absolutely Not!
And now ...
The Album Reviews
True North (Twila Paris)
Summer Dance Party (various)
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow (Kenny Loggins)
Gonna Make You Sweat (C+C Music Factory)
Meet The DJ